Shaw Contract Group has developed COLOREVOLUTION, a color and trend forecast that unveils current environmental, social and economic shifts and explains how these factors drive color theory today. Designers and architects can earn free IDCEC and AIA continuing education credits after watching and taking a short quiz at the end of the video here.
COLOREVOLUTION explores the story of progression into a new future through color expressed by six personas, each conflicted with two contradictory qualities to create a new world of possibilities. Innovation and progress is found in the middle. The personas are:
- The Radical: finds beauty in the decay, destruction and the flawed. A rally call for positive change.
- The Visionary: light-infused, ethereal, pure of intentions and design. A clear perspective brings attraction to materials and objects, evoking honesty and purity.
- The Nomad: grounded and reconnected with nature. Develop a more serious interest in the overall health and well being of us, our planet and future generations.
- The Futurist: subtle tones become a spectrum of statement hues. Surfaces shine with iridescent effects and mercury-like treatments.
- The Resident: essential and straight-forward design become valued above all. Utilitarian shades add a pop of color or make a monochromatic statement.
- The Globeseeker: drawn from a variety of cultures. Bright, neon-inspired colors oscillate in a pop explosion of artistic expression.