DesignerPages Media

CaesarStone

CaesarStone makes a fantastic engineered quartz countertop that can be used in kitchens, bathrooms and commercial applications. The wide color variety is what draws me to the product; they have options that range from traditional to contemporary. Many of the color options have a natural and unique look to them, without pretending to imitate another material. CaesarStone also offers a plethora of edge details. The cost ranges from about $70-$120 per square foot; the edge detail definitely has a significant impact on the cost.

CaesarStone quartz surfaces, available in a variety of colors with many edge options. Manufactured by CaesarStone USA.

Since it is engineered, there are many qualities that are ‘designed into’ the product. It is stain, scratch and heat-resistant and also has a more consistent color than natural stone countertops. It can also be ordered in large slabs, so you can avoid unsightly seams. CaesarStone requires no maintenance since it does not need to be sealed or resealed, and comes with a 10 year warranty, ensuring peace of mind for your clients.

caesarstone: caesarstone reviews, caesarstone cost, caesarstone problems

From an environmental perspective, CaesarStone is equally attractive. The company is ISO 14001 certified for Environmental Management Systems – a certification that verifies the prevention of environmental pollution and waste reduction in the manufacturing processes and facilities. This means far less raw material is wasted, especially compared to granite, for example. Though the quartz is mined in Italy, CaesarStone is manufactured in over 200 locations throughout the US.

The end product is inert, non-toxic, and qualifies as a low-VOC material under LEED credit 4.1. One thing to be aware of is the potentially hazardous dust that is created when the product is cut. However, this can be avoided by cutting the material in a properly ventilated shop wearing proper personal protection. All in all, I specify it for its durability, aesthetic versatility, and consistency.

Posted March 18th, 2008 by Stephanie Horowtiz

Comments

• Molly Fuller says:

Our two week old Caesarstone countertops already have a nick on one edge, and is badly scarred from a crystal glass dropped on it.

I am not sure that this is the countertop material of choice.

• Christine says:

According to Caesarstone itself, the product is manufactured in Israel and distributed throughout the US by these distributers- not manufactured in US.

• jackie says:

our caesarstone just got installed yesterday and we already have a stain. i placed my frying pan on the stone and when i picked it up to put it away i noticed a black mark on the stone. i used a damp cloth and a lot of elbow grease but the stain only lightened but did not go away.

• josephine zangrilli says:

we installed red and blue ceasear stone in the ground in front of our church.
    It has faded and needs to be refurbished. Where can we can get
    advice/help/suggestions?
    JZ

• Jandi nielsen says:

We had Caesarstone installed in our kitchen. The next day there was a lighter band around the edge of the counter against the wall. It looked as though it had been wiped down with something. The Caesarstone rep couldn’t fix it and left it up to us to figure out. He said that the blemish was not covered under the warranty. The company that we paid to have the Caesarstone put in washed their hands of the problem. Our contractor stepped up and tried 5 different things to either remove the discoloration or fix it. He then contacted his painter who produced a product the was for restoring wood finishes. That solved the problem, but had to be applied to the entire surface. We will probably have to apply the finish again later. I still don’t know what happened to create the color change, and the counter is not perfect, but it works now.

• danni Barrs says:

So, what do you do about stains on caeserstone? Our black kitchen benchtops have started showing signs of staining in some areas especially near the kettle, around the sink area and in the area where I prepare food - mostly on cutting boards. Any ideas? My husband thinks it might be from the acid in vinegars or similar.

• cmw says:

We had the Absolute Noir 6100 installed approx. six months ago. It is piting and scrachtes easily. I would not recommond this product. I really regret it. The distributor came out to look at it (as we thought there was a manufacturing defect) and said there was nothing wrong with it, it was like that when it was installed, which is amazing because he wasn’t even in our house at the time and there weren’t any pits.

• mn says:

We had our Caesarstone counters installed in our kitchen 2 days ago and I see 2 chips and a stain. I’ve tried softscrub with bleach and a blue sctochbrite pad but it has no impact on the stain. We aren’t even in our kitchen yet and we are already having problems with the counters. They were quite pricey and I am now regretting this decision.

• mn says:

The Ceasarstone rep came out and showed us that the “stain” is in the stone itself (see above). We have Jerusalem Sand which is light. The mark is a blue color, which is not a color in the stone. I am told they can dig it out and fill it, but I’m not sure how that will work. I will live with it. As far as the “chips” go, I guess that is “pitting” which happens at first. The pits have been taken care of. I do love the look and have had no other problems. Hopefully it will stay that way!

• cmw says:

In follow-up to my earlier post regarding the Noir 6100, we subsequently found the reflective/sparkly material in cloths when we would wipe the countertop and even have them imbedded in our wood floor in the kitchen. The distributor came back out and took pictures and we made a warranty claim under the “lifetime warranty.” We just received a letter in the mail from Caesarstone stating that our claim for service under the residential warranty was denied because “This warranty does not cover natural variations in the color, size, shape and distribution of the pattern of the natural quartz or the natural variations in background tone. Color samples provided to consumers, dealers and fabricators are only representative and not an exact replication of what will be installed in your home.”

We can’t understand what that has to do with what is going on with our countertop as this material is manmade, someone had to put those reflective/sparkly flecks in it and why are they coming out?

The last line of the denial letter states “This warranty claim will be closed and no further action will be taken.”

• Jen says:

I wanted Caesarstone more than anything else when we built out our house and believed the sales pitch that it was stain and scratch resistant. The colour is Raw Silk, a pale biege. It stains easily and despite the care we take has many chips. I tell everyone not to get it - give me laminate any day.

• mg says:

We installed Lagos Blue 2 years ago and have had many chips on the edge. Our family of 4 loves to cook; we installed a 5 burner commercial gas cooktop and store our pans in the cabinet below. All it takes is hitting the counter edge just right with a pan and it will chip. The most significant chips, 1/4”-3/8” are along this edge and along the edge of the sink; areas of high usage. We have had them filled with an epoxy mix, but it looks just like that: a cheap epoxy fix. The installer has tried “sanding” the smaller chips, but that has been ineffective. I have a brochure from Caesarstone that says it is chip and crack resistant. Oh, really. The sheen has remained the same, but shows EVERY fingerprint. It’s very high maintenance. I love the color and the look and I did a lot of research on quartz countertops before choosing Caesarstone. We paid $90 a sq/ft and if I had to do it over, I would not choose this product. As Jen says - “give me laminate any day”.

• Nina says:

I’m surprised at all the problems people have been having. I love my Caesarstone countertop. I had a really great contact at the certified fabricator who I went to. He told me everything I needed to know about taking care of it, he told me if I ever had a problem to call their customer service… they’re really helpful.

I really haven’t needed much more than soap and water to keep it clean and polished. Their warranty is supposed to be amazing as well. I read on their website that it covers up to 350 degrees! I think as long as you follow their care & maintenance your caesarstone countertops should keep looking like new. Like I said, I love my countertops. Had them installed maybe 5 months ago, haven’t had any problems since…

• Sandy says:

I was wondering if you’re still as happy with your caesarstone countertops?
      I am supposed to have the white blizzard installed in my kitchen, but I’m having 2nd thoughts after reading through some of these blogs…
      I called my contact to see if there is any way I can speak to a couple of their customers to get their input, but I’m still waiting to hear back…

• Michele says:

I, too have taken care, as instructed, and have a lovely shiny, chip-free bench top five years later.

I’m not sure about the heat restistant claim, though. I just had the Caesar Stone distributor out to tell me that the hairline crack running about 40cm along the top layer of my Caesar Stone bench top is caused by thermal shock. We are fastidious about the care of our bench top and have always used heat boards for hot items. The rep told me it can only take one time (such as a house guest placing something hot on the bench top) and the crack can appear months later. The crack, which I thought, had logically originated from the join in the bottom layer, apparently ends at the join and starts in the centre of the bench top. I’m not convinced. Any thoughts?

• TheBrittons says:

Hi Michele
      Are you in Australia? We have had the same problem, and all warranty requests were thrown out the window by Caserstone.
      What was your end result as we are currently fighting Caeserstone through judicial channels

• P. Cronin says:

We are an middle aged couple that installed ‘cement’ Caesarstone in our kitchen 9 months ago. A large chip developed on the edge that is working itself larger. Neither of us understand what could have caused this, it looks almost as if the stone exploded from within.
    Caesarstone refused to honor the 10 year residential warrenty which is up to their sole discression to honor, according to the warranty language..
    Very disappointed, we would never have bought Caesarstone if we had known of it’s tenancy to chip.
    I do not recommend the product to anyone who uses their kitchen for normal kitchen activity. Definitely not worth the very expensive price tag.

• l. smith says:

We had Raven casesarstone installed in may 09….there were some staining marks next the to the tap…these marks continue to spread outwards and many many new stains have appeared we are so careful not to put hot items on the bench and we use a variety of chopping boards always…as well, chipping is a huge issue with tiny shards of glass coming out and leaving a white mark…which is very noticeable on the dark grey counter. I am so sorry I purchased this product and I tell everyone I meet not to even think about it.

• Teresa P says:

We have had 2 of 3 seams separate on our caesarstone countertops. The third one is showing signs that it, too, is about to separate. Has anyone else had seam separtions? I NEVER place hot pans or dishes on the counters. I was wondering if it might be just the seasonal temperature change, expansion & contraction? Any ideas?

• colleen says:

We had Raven Caesarstone put into our kitchen in July 09. Normal use, never put hot things on it, and it is literally covered in small chips. I am extremely disappointed in this. Our kitchen is large and the counters cost a lot. Although the color is great, I feel that we were mislead about it’s durability. It has on.y bee 5 months, I can only imagine what it will look like in 5 years.

• Vicki says:

try some Gumption

• We are in the process of renovating our house - I have just picked the Raven Caesarstone. I am now getting worried - are there any other stone benches that are a bit more hard wearing?

• skap says:

I am also in the process of renovating a kitchen. I have been planning to order a caesarstone eggshell countertop, but just stumbled upon this thread and am concerned. Can anyone recommend another countertop material that will perform better, but have a similar even feel in an off white color?

• skap says:

also, are these problems with chipping and staining particular to caesarstone or are the other quartz products having the same problems? (silestone, zodiaq, etc.)

• Merry says:

We had caeaserstone “glacier” installed a week ago, and already have 2 stains - someone put a dry cast iron pot on a slightly damp bench and there is now a rust ring I cannot get out. I was cutting (with scissors, not on the counter top) some lilly flowers and the pollen has left a yellow stains flecked all over a section of bench, which I similarly cannot get out. The installer recommended Spray and Wipe - didn’t touch either stain. We were warned not to use Gumption as this would remove the surface…
    Any solutions?

• clee says:

We installed Caesarstone countertops (in Blizzard) for our kitchen two months ago. Last month, I placed a bottle of red wine on our countertop and didn’t realize there was wine on the bottom of the bottle. Less than an hour later, I removed the bottle and now I have a ring stain on my countertop. The installer said to use acetone for stubborn stains, but I’ve used it on another area and it left a dull effect; very noticible on my polished surface. Like all the other posters, I’m also frustrated that Caesarstone didn’t turn out to be as stain resistant as the company claims. If I could do it all over again, I’d definitely go with a dark countertop (no more white!) and choose the more affordable granite.

• Pravin says:

There is a rust mark on the Caesarstone benchtop , can anyone let me know how I could get rid of it

• cleigh says:

I have Cesarstone Blizzard. This is my second installation. In my ifrst house it was perfect - as stain and chip resistant as all the claims. This time I find it stains easily. I’m wondering if some of the installers treat it and others don’t? Has anyone tried sealing their Cesarstone? At any rate, Mr. Clean’s Magic Eraser seems to remove most stains and marks for me. I’m just annoyed that I have to do anything.

• Pati says:

I have Cesarstone Blizzard counters. I have found that a little baking soda and just a drop or two of lemon juice will remove
    stains, including pollen and pan marks.

• leslie says:

we’ve had caesarstone counters in creme limestone for a little over 2 years. initially they held up pretty well, but now we’ve noticed more staining in the area that is most heavily used. we had trouble removing a red wine ring a few weeks ago, and now we have one from balsamic vinegar which is lingering. a less used part of our counter doesn’t stain much, which makes me wonder if it wouldn’t be good to apply sealer, despite the company’s claim to the contrary. has anyone tried using sealer? otherwise we’ve been reasonably happy with our counters.

• Helen says:

We renovated our home four years ago with a brand new kitchen and kitchenette with Ceasarstone benchtops. I could not be more disappointed with how easily it has chipped and how my installer does not return my calls despite saying that it could be repaired.
    Ten year guarantee? It didnt make one year before chipping when a bottle of wine was knocked over. The join between the countertop and small edging at the back of the sink has a lovely black line of mould in the join - anyone know how to remove that? Have tried gumption, bleach, and all those types of cleaners. It’s very upsetting to work in it everyday.

• carolyn says:

We just had caesartone concrete installed today. It looks like it has grease stains in places. The installer cleaned it with acetone, but it still looks defective. He told me that all of the darker colors of caesarstone look that way -that’s ridiculous! Does anyone else have this problem??

• Kevin says:

We have had black caesar stone installed this week exactly the same issue. Did you find a solution. Installer told us it would fade with cleaning. So angry with them

• miki says:

We installed our ceasarstone several months ago and all I can say is that I am terribly disappointed and angry.It is full of stains, even water
    on a glass bottom leaves stains behind.It chips scratches, all of it.
    I haven’t heard of one guarantee granted to anybody.
    One more hoax, nothing else. They should be sued for this.
    We don’t live in lawless country.

• Twicat.com says:

great product, we have seen it and used it

• alib says:

I had ‘concrete’ color Ceasarstone countertops installed 2 weeks ago. The panel on the island had to be replaced immediately because it had a white-ish stain on it. Now, I just went to put a vase on the counter and accidentally hit the edge and it chipped. I did not bang it with a hammer or hit it with something extreme, I just knocked the edge of it and it chipped. It was brand new and very expensive so I am heartbroken. What a rip off. Wish I had known of these problems earlier.

• John says:

• mg says:

I made my first posting about caesarstone in march 09; checking to see all the additional comments since then. It seems we are not alone! Anyone know of a class action lawsuit against Caesarstone in defaulting on their warranties? BTW they have a new updated warranty (very limited) only on product installed after sometime in 2009. Mine was installed in July 08. My latest chip was from a china tea cup (yes, china!) that hit the counter just right.

• Anonymous says:

Hi mg
      the same here in Australia. Did you have any luck with the class action question? Keen to know as I am thinking of chasing one up here in Oz

• Thomas Cooke says:

I am a countertop installer and I have seen nothing but problems with ceaserstone. It stains incredibly easily, it can be scratched by anything (silverware, pots, wine glasses,etc). Do yourselves a favour, stick with granite. It is superior in almost every way. And in my opinion, looks far better.

• Bonnie says:

Thanks Vicki for the tip to use Gumption. I had a red wine ring on my Ice Snow (white) Caesarstone Benchtop. Nothing I had would get it off, then I read to try Gumption and it was brilliant - just used a soft cloth and gumption and it came straight off. I’ve had my caeserstone benchtop for 18mths and so far no chipping, no staining, nothing. I do find sometimes fingerprints in certain light shows up when i use normal spray wipes on the bench, but I find Selley’s stone benchtop all purpose cleaner stops this and this works the best for everyday wiping over. I’m very happy with my benchtop so far, definitely worth it!

• Jerri says:

Just had the gray concrete caesarstone installed last week. It’s absolutely beautiful. We did have to sign a release to have the honed finish, which we preferred. Love the look. We discovered a tiny chip in the edge yesterday. We’re heartbroken. Has anyone tried sanding out chips? We have a very hard square edge. I’m wondering if that’s why it chipped. Maybe if we just took the edge down a little it wouldn’t be so prone to chipping.

• Miss Charlie Dear says:

I have Caesarstone in my house, Raven and Pacific Reflections. I had a problem with the way one of the Raven installs looked, and had a Caesarstone Factory rep come out. They worked with my fabricator and got it reinstalled within a week!:) It was easy, to everyone out there, first check that it is Caesarstone (Some are naming other manufacturers), and next call them direct, they were easy for me to deal with.

• Dawn Swift says:

I chose Caesarstone because of its warranted impermeability to heat rings, nicks, and chips. It has proven to be a fragile expensive material that has caused me regret and bitterness.

• Rhonda Gorman says:

After reading all of your comments i am surprised that there has been no mention of damage to clothing from rubbing against Caesarstone bench edges.The bench tops were installed a few years ago and have put holes in the front of all my tops which is very frustrating. I have covered all edges with clear contact {not a good look} which helped for a short while now top and bottom edges are frayed. I need help caesarstone is destroying my wardrobe. I can’t remember who the the installer was. Any suggestions!

• Rom101 says:

This has also happened to me for 4 years , I will never get ceaser stone again its crap

• Gerry Theodorakis says:

Hi, very typical of this type of manufactured stone.
      I have been a stone fabricator / installer for 26 years now, of which I detest this material. I feel that man made bench top materials will be a thing of the past in a few years from now because of all the associated problems. Natural granite is the only way to go for durability & beauty.
      The answer to your problem of clothes being damaged is to have a stone fabricator ( who knows what they are doing ) to come to your home with a small wet polisher with diamond pads to convert your chipped & damaging arris edges to: PENCIL ROUND EDGES, this will solve all your  problems & make the edges smooth to touch & never to damage your clothes again. Make sure the stone fabricator prepares your kitchen area with tarps, plastic, towels & floor protection against the mist of water from the wet polisher.

• Petercordell2 says:

We had to choose between arrised or pencil round edge yesterday with our building company. Thank you Gerry for your responses on this site, as it gave me the obvious choice. We chose Pencil Round because we do not want the associated problems that the arrised edge causes. Many thanks.

• A Maggi says:

We had our bench installed last christmas, it’s been in for only 8 months. We were sitting in the lounge tonight and heard a loud pop noise. Our bench cracked from the corner inwards. What the!!! What a rip. it’s a hairline crack and I hope it can be fixed because I am not pulling up my whole bench to change it! The bench is nearly 4 metres long!! Does anyone know if these can be fixed?

• Anonymous says:

Hi A Maggi,
      We have had a similar problem, and had no help from Caeserstone Australia or the installer. Did you get yours fixed? If not, did you seek legal help?

• Sneha pothuri says:

we have a caesarstone and it’s been 3 months now and if we place any plastic legs or a frying pan which is mild we have blank marks where we place any thing . i placed my frying pan on the stone and when i picked it up to put it away i noticed a black mark on the stone. i used a damp cloth and a lot of elbow grease but the stain only lightened but did not go away. And we rang quartz and QA suggested to wipe it off with Cesar stone cleanser and it did a fantastic job but…i want to know why it happens and why should we be using cleanser always as it adds up to my maintainence bills? Is there any permanent solution for this please help me?

• Lynn says:

We got a black ring on our white caeserstone from a cast iron teapot. We used a large pencil eraser to get it out — it really worked.

• christina says:

we had caeserstone Linen installed in Jan 2010. im very dissapointed as it chips and stains. i wish that we had stuck to laminate and invested my hard earned money elsewhere.

• Andrew Boyd says:

We just had our new Espresso counter installed 3 days ago. Already they are marked with water stains all over. I tried very hard to get them off and ended up turning to the Internet to find out how to get water marks off and when I found this link.
      We are so disappointed and really wish we had stuck to granite. I’m calling CaesarStone tomorrow.

• Rromulous says:

I have Ceasarstone installed in my home built in 2006. We moved in in September of 2006 and I have a 5 x9 ft island, plus all my counters and backsplash behind the stove in the same Ceasarstone (I think it was called Champagne). We have had no problems at all with it. Yes drink leave a ring. 409 removes them. The only trouble we had was removing some writing my granddaughter did with a crayola marker. Comet and gently rubbing with a scotchbright pad took it right off. Most of these things described below sound like installation issues. Marble is better? Well yeah the look, but MUCH harder to maintain. Ask someone who has a granite counter top.

• Denise says:

Does your island have a seam on it?

• Gerry Theodorakis says:

Try using ACERTONE ( nail polish remover )  for crayola stains. Also a specific caesarstone cream cleanser. Be very careful not to have any naked flames any near this cleaning fluid, as it’s very flammable, have a well ventilated work area.

• Nice set of good furniture.

• Ellenchmara says:

I have Raven counter tops and am aggravated and angry . every little thing leaves a mark. Even when you clean it well, and wipe it down to absolutely dry, all kinds of marks remain. I told the company that I did not purchase a mahogany piano! One that has to be polished and buffed every time you look at it. What a great disappointment!!

• Romi says:

Caesarstone is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! For all of you who said it easily stains and is hard to clean, you’re not using the right products. There is a granite cleaner that is made for Caesarstone in the Method product line. That’s all we use on all of our Caesarstone countertops (we have Caesarstone in our kitchen, bathroom and bar) and it’s amazing. If you do have any problems with your countertops, call customer service, they are very helpful.

• Bullgow says:

it is hard to clean and I regret getting the Blizzard countertops. They’re warranty is false and the Company did not stand by it. Scratched up and stained after first 2 weeks.

• Trone2 says:

please advise what is the name of that product? Thank you in advance

• Aiutodisegno says:

you should try okite
    daniela
    italy

• This site has lots of extremely useful information on it. Thank you for sharing it with me!

• Alandbaz says:

can cracks be fixed and does any body know who does this?

• Guy says:

Glad to say i’ve found the Canadian site of Caesarstone countertops

• We had Caesarstone installed a year ago and find that you have to be incredibly careful or it chips.  We have counter savers everywhere but it ruins the look of the kitchen.  When putting dishes in the dishwasher we have a piece of rubber we put on the edge between the sink and dishwasher to protect the edge but still have problems.   Have a granite counter saver I have had for years and use every day and have no chips at all.  Will never buy or recommend Caesarstone again.

• Benchstone says:

for the people out there here is some advice. always make sure your fabricator has the tools for the job,. he needs to polish the benchtop with plishing pads on a wet polisher. he has to give it a good size polished arris on the edges, if he dry cuts or dry polishes the edges are not as strong and prone to chipping. also yep chips can be repaird, contact your local granite benchtop firm they will have the glue or the ultroviolet kit to repair your tops, I have worked with granite and ceaserstone for 11 years and have had no problems. Mind you we dont do budget jobs and we dont take short cuts

• Manhabilis says:

We recently had ceasarstone countertops intalled and we love them. Unfortunately, I dropped a heavy cooking pot on an edge around the sink, and it chipped. I’m just heartbroken. When you say that a “local granite benchtop firm will have the glue or the ultraviolet kit to repair your tops”, do you have a specifric company in mind? Or does any granite/ceasarstone firm do this kind of repair? I’m so encouraged by your message…

• Jacqui_wiskar says:

I am annoyed from the rings on my cream/ white ceasarstone (unsure what colour name it is exactly). under my utensil holder, around my sink, and a couple of other areas near my sink have a greyish stain. My food prep area (I always use chopping board and clean quite promptly) is stain free, which leads me to think these grey stains are very possibly caused by water. I tried cream of tartar (from baking isle) mixed with lemon juice into a paste- this removed a small rust stain (left overnight) but not the greyish stains. They look awful and yes… for the cost, you are better to purchase laminate in the stone look over this stuff- it costs me quite a bit of money for the proper cleaner and this staining still occurs. If anyone has suggestions for these types of stain I will be glad to hear from you. Will try the Gumption (which I find brilliant on most other stains when you use a bit of elbow grease) but I DO NOT recommend ceasarstone- Particularly when the company does not seem to give good advice/ stain removal assistance to their high paying customers who believe they are buying a superior product. Luckily I dont think I have any chips but the sealer has not stopped these stains so I’d reccommend spending your hard earned $$$ on something you can enjoy…. not cringe at everytime you go in the kitchen!

• Gerry Theodorakis says:

Hi, I have been a stone bench top supplier & installer for about 26 years now ( in Melbourne - Australia ) & I hear / see all the unmentioned associated potential problems with all reconstituted ( fake stone bench tops ).
      Your issues with marks, stains & etching is typical of this horrible material. Please do not use Gumption ( far too agressive ), or allow anyone to attempt mechanical surface polishing ( heat damage ), as it will make matters worse.Any reconstituted stone is easy to damage, scratches easy, lacks shine & generally is dead, unlike natural granite & marble.Never use natural marble in kitchen bench tops unless it’s “honed”.How are your clothes ? are they damaged up front around the waste line ?. With the trend of square edges, with minor arrised top & bottom edges which chip very easily, the small chips tend to catch on clothing fibres thus causing expensive damage.Never specify or allow stone bench top sales people to talk you into arrised edges, small pencil round is the only way to go.I am receiving numerous calls from angry customers that have purchased bench tops from other stone suppliers & did not inform them of the associated problems with clothes being damaged by chipped edges.Now I have many booked jobs to create pencil round edges on site, of which is quite a major undertaking to waterproof the surrounding kitchen area with drop sheets, towels on floor / walls etc, as this pencil round process is done with fine diamond wet pads mounted on a small hand held polishing machine with a fine mist of water spraying through the polishing pads to eliminate dust & burning reconstituted material.
      Also, upon a recent visit to California, I was approached by many people to carry out the process of pencil round edges on their chipped bench tops. Maybe it’s not a bad idea for me to return to the USA if many jobs were booked in succession. Here in Melbourne ( Australia ) I charge an average of $700 per kitchen bench top to create  on-site pencil round edges. This price allows travel time, set up for waterproofing kitchen area, diamond polish pads & labour.

You can email me if you need further advice:
                gerry.theodorakis01@gmail.com

Gerry.

• Anonymous says:

Hi Gerry
        Just a small question, and relying on your expertise.
        How often do you see/hear of Caeserstone spontaneously cracking?
        I will email you seperately.

• Gerry Theodorakis says:

Hello,
          For your information, part of my job is assessing damage & issues with man-made stones like Caesar Stone etc.
          I see spontaneous cracking more times than I care to mention !
          Where you least expect a crack to form - it happens.
          I am in the bench top industry & have been for about 27 years, I detest this crap material to say the least. Natural stone is the best & most naturally beautiful (granite for bench tops)
          Also, man made stone is extremely toxic, just read the warning label word-for-word on the back of the slabs & in actual fact they clearly suggest that only safe when left in it’s original factory manufactured full slab size & do not cut, grind drill etc for the shear fact it’s bloody toxic !

• Roger Marero says:

My Caesarstone countertop is not  a year old yet and I have stains all around the sink. I tried all manufactures suggestions for care and cleaning but the stains still there.  I do not recommend  this product.

• Rnardella says:

Me too.
      House is only 3 months old.
      How can they sell a product that is not kitchen friendly.
      I am going to fight this with c Australia, my kitchen is not a show piece it’s to cook in, why should I be afraid to drain
      Pasta In the sink for fear of hit water splashing on it. Or oil splattering from a frypan On the stove.

• N Wylie says:

I’ve had Lagos Blue for 2+ years now. I wanted honed but because of posted issues I got polished. I chose it for the color which I could not find in a like-priced granite, but I so, so, regret my choice now.
    I have a black granite island and the same granite in my heavily-used bathroom and wish I’d done the counter tops the same. The Caesarstone is dull, etched, faded, chipped, pitted, and stained. The granite is not.
    I can work most of the waterspots out with scrubbing and polishing, but not the blotchy dullness of the sheen or the water spots near the sink where I keep the detergent.  Yes, I cook and fully use my kitchen, it’s not a show piece but a work space—the point of a durable countertop is that it’s durable. I would take granite in any color today!!

•  Excellent article, very beneficial, I learned quite a bit! Yes, Certainly along with you.

• Greg says:

We went with the Caesarstone in our kitchen except for the breakfast bar where we used granite.  The color of Caesarstone we went with is the Espresso. The first day it was installed it chipped and the installer could not get the match just right. Later, my wife used bleach to wipe down a cutting board on top of the counters and it left a stain that looks like a rag that got ran on the surface.  Just today, on Thanksgiving, a corner chipped.  VERY disappointing. I will NEVER purchase this man made product EVER again.  Only granite for us.

• Joseph says:

Usualy to clean Caesarstone you just need a soap and warm water. If you used some kind of stone sealer or enhanser it gives you white spots or film on counter surface, and it will not come off when you clean with water or other usual cleaners.

Joseph @ Kitchen
    Benchtops

• Msypaul says:

Just read everyone’s posts.  We just installed “Blizzard”.  Put down a bottle of red and 45 mins later noticed a ring.  It did not coemout at first but we used MAGIC ERASER and it came out.  Try this first- only do the immediate area.  We are disappointed we purcased such an expensive Fragile stone!!!!!

• THIS stuff is pure junk!
    Stay away from it. Caesar stone is garbage!

• Anonymous says:

I agree with Erica Hernandez. Ceaserstone is junk, and when they are in league with the installers, there is little hope for getting problems fixed. Our benchtop (less than 1 yr old) developed a spontaneous crack. They are refusing warranty, accusing us of lying yet the reports they have submitted to the Australian Dept of Fair Trading are full of lies, or a relying on the “that person doesn’t work here anymore so we can’t corroborate the information.
    Caeserstone Australia, be prepared for a class action.

• theBrittons says:

Just a follow up to my rant yesterday (apologies). Is there anyone else on this forum who lives in Australia? I would like to hear from them to follow up the potential for a class action suit.
    Failing that, any inout from those globally is extremely welcome.
    My email address is brittongATonesteelDOTcom. You can interchange the AT and DOT with the appropriate characters (just to stop spammers)

• TheBrittons says:

Just like to advise that Caserstone (Aust) and the installer have backed down and will replace my benchtops free of charge. They aren’t acknowledging liability but I know that my test results proved the stone was questionable and threw them into a tail spin. Get this… their VP for QA (a PhD none the less) in Israel tried to discredit my testing but only succeeded in looking like a goose.
      My advice is stick to your guns and donlt let them get away with avoiding their statutory warranty obligations.
      If anyone wants details of my testing procedure, let me know!

• Smek 30 says:

Hi I just have had my bench top in one week and I put a jug that I poured hot water in from the kettle into with noodles. I though the jug was so thick a pirex that nothing would happen. Now I have a great big ring I can;t get rid of . I wish I had read this blog before putting and paying for my ceaser stone! Not impressed at all !!

• Berthamd says:

I had cesartsone installed two years ago. Not one week after it was installed there was a deep scratch in the countertop. I wasnt even using the kitchen. Now two yeras later in a kitchen that is barely used there are chips in the ridge around the sink. I am very environmentally conscious so I bought into the not using granite. BIG MISTAKE. Do not use this stuff. It is as expensive as granite and does not hold up!!!

• Chriskasa says:

We had snow white ceasarstone installed in our brand new home.  The first day, there was a tea stain from a cup left for barely a minute.  We wiped it up dilligently because we loved it so much but the stain remained.  I used a pencil eraser which got the stain out but it is no longer a joy because we use the kitchen daily, and have to work in a paranoid state when cooking or even loitering around with a cup of tea.  After seeing this manmade, undelivering product in action, one can only assume positive comments here are from the company itself or liars.  I am going to recommend that the building company drop this supplier (we wanted marble but were not allowed because of their contract with them) for good.  I think after it is utterly ruined through daily use (I estimate about 6 months) we will have saved some more money and will either cover it or replace it with STAINLESS steel.

• I am joyful to end this growth noise reusable for me, as it contains lot
    of message. I e’er wax to demo the grade noesis and this event I
    recovered in you communicator. Thanks for copulation

• Katie Jones says:

We just moved into our newly built house 3 weeks ago, Black ceasar stone, looks like a greasy full hand print on one surface and on the waterfall wall side of the island bench, there are six square marks that look shocking in the day light.  As these marks are on teh SIDE of the bench clearly they are not a result of spilt food or drink, Looks liek a manufacturing fault. Again they look like oil marks and I cannot get rid of them despite using the Dupont Granit cleaner.  I will try the Mr Sheen eraser as I read on this site, but again, the product is bloody hard to keep clean! always a spot here and a fingerprint there.  The Mirror splashbacks are much easier to manage in comparison. Just spray with wiindow cleaner and wipe them down Perfection! Had no idea the black surface would be so difficult!!!

• Gerry Theodorakis says:

Hello, I assess & see these faults / damage to man-made stone every day, being a Stone Mason & Specialist Maintenance person for the past 27 years.
      I think the marks you are referring too could be scuff marks from “A” frame transportation or poor handling techniques.
      All these crappy man-made stones scuff & stain all too easy, this is why I would not have this stuff on my kitchen etc even if it was given to me for free !!!!
      Now, you can try the Caesarstone Cream Cleanser (carefully) by dampening a soft cloth with water & applying some of the Caesarstone Cleanser & rubbing in a circular motion all over bench top & not just on the affected areas.
      TENAX make a great product called ( AGER ), great for bringing out the true darkness in black stones etc. With AGER, apply evenly all over bench tops & with another clean soft cloth wipe it off in about 5 minutes time. Change to a clean cloth again & remove any residue. Allow to cure overnight.
      You will be very satisfied with outcome.

• Annoyed says:

I found this forum by searching “water stains on my caestarstone snow bench”.  I would have to agree with all of the people that said negative things about Caesarstone.  The product is absolutely terrible and I would NEVER purchase it again, and definitely never in white!  When we first had the product installed we noticed several marks that just wouldn’t come out.  We used the official Caesarstone Cleanser and followed every step provided.  Caesarstone eventually sent out a rep and he too couldn’t get it off and said it looked like a chemical had been spilled on it and there was nothing he could do. Now, I don’t know about you but given we hadn’t actually USED the kitchen and we don’t use chemicals, I don’t see how this could have happened at my end.  The installer said it wasn’t them, Caesarstone said it wasn’t them……so I’m left with a bench with stains before I’ve even used it.

Now don’t even get me to the stage where I start to use this product!  If you leave a tea bag, tomato, anything on it for a second it stains and you have to quickly grab a cloth and wipe it up.  I use their proper cleanser (and even apply it as shown by the caesarstone rep!) and still I’m left with stains.  I’m now finding that I have water rings all over the bench, none of which can be removed.

So, whilst I appreciate the advice that many people have given about “use the right cleanser”, “don’t use abrasives” etc, I’d like to advise that even if you do everything right, this product is still crap!

• Brittong says:

Hi annoyed
      Are you in Australia? If so, lodge a complaint with the Dept of Fair Trading. Someone is responsible and they will sort it out.
      Lodge the complaint against both Caeserstone and your installer. We have had success using this arena as both Caserstone and the installer tried washing their collective hands of their responsibilities.

• Gerry Theodorakis01 says:

Hello, as a full time stone mason & stone bench top maintenance specialist, I see the horrifying problems you are having every day & believe me, I absolutely hate this expensive rubbish.
      I go into people’s houses & so many are heart broken by this crap material (even before they have used it).Hard & durable:   MythStain resistant:    MythResists chipping: MythSorry, but I have nothing good to say about “any man made” stone bench tops, except that it cuts easy ! that’s it.I feel the days of this man made crap is approaching it’s end,  beautiful natural granite & marble etc will return again.Despite what proponents & hard core sales people who sell this rubbish, in most cases natural marble & granite is either the same price or cheaper than man made crap.Natural marble & granite is there for ever, just take a look at many of the world’s beautiful monuments etc that are hundreds or thousands of years old. Man made bench top stones are problematic before use.Just push ( hard ) to have this rubbish removed & replaced with natural granite.

• Rnardella says:

Me too!!! This product is a disgrace, I have a newly built home. I noticed blemish dull lines across my caeserstone with in 2 weeks.
    I also cook alot and when I drain the pasta into the sink the hot water splashes onto the stone and it leaves marks on it which I can’t get off even with their cleanser!
    I am pedantic at cleaning I never leave dishes or a dirty bench but everytime I use it I have a new stain.
    I have had granite in my previous house and that was fantastic.

• MEGA-ANNOYED says:

We installed Quantum Quartz Everest about 4 months ago as part of our kitchen reno. We are fastidious about chopping boards, spills etc but soon after, detected a light hair-line scratch in an un-used corner which I am thinking may have been there on installation. Now, depending on the light, my bench appears dis-coloured in certain areas, and it’s driving me insane as it looks dirty (even though it’s not!) I have resorted to using some gumption but really don’t feel comfortable doing so. I don’t know how I’m supposed to maintain the appearance of this bench as wiping with soapy water is a joke!! The cream cleanser is not much use either, and I don’t understand why I am constantly having to use this when I actually have not spilled anything in the first place! This is not a product for people who use their kitchens and like things to stay looking nice!!! I am sooo disappointed with this product it makes me feel ill!!!

• Sad says:

Massive mistake. Put in concrete colored caeserstone. Barely used kitchen already chipped and stained. Trying to get our money back. So very disappointed.

Promo Video

Sponsors

Latest from Otto

h2o architectes Complete A Parisian Apartment Full Of Sloping Lines

French firm h2o architectes have revamped an old s...

Hospitality Construction Services Design Pepita Restaurant in Ballston

Constructed by Rob Mescolotto and his Washington D...

GrizForm Design Architects Reveal New Farmhouse-Inspired Restaurant In Virginia

Award-winning firm GrizForm Design Architects were...

IIDA 2016 Library Interior Design Awards

The IIDA and the American Library Association (ALA...

Inside ImpactFlow’s New Office in Portland’s Evolving Eastside

Portland-based interior design firm Weedman Design...

Contribute

Do you have a product you would like to share with us? Submit to 3rings.